Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Insanely Cheap Imported Manga

  I spent 2 weeks in San Diego, CA and got the chance to visit the best book store in the world: Book Off. Book Off is a large chain of used bookstores in Japan and they have a handful of locations here in the States. Chances are, most of you don't live near a Book Off store, but if you ever travel, check if there is a Book Off anywhere nearby.

 I love manga, and since I've started learning Japanese, I've been searching for affordable Japanese imports that I can use to practice reading. It seemed entirely impossible; anywhere I went online, the shipping and tax would make a single imported manga volume cost 20 dollars!

 Typically, B&M ( Brick & Mortar ) stores don't carry imported books, only their translated versions at best, but this is how Book Off is different. Book Off actually specializes in selling imported books at insanely discounted prices and their selection is excellent. I ended up buying 11 Japanese language books and each book only cost 1 dollar! I spent so much time in their manga section, that I didn't really have time to browse other sections, but just by walking through the aisles, I saw that they also sold imported video games, movies, and CDs. Book Off is absolute paradise for someone who is looking for affordable imported products.

 Check Book Off's website for locations near you but be aware that some of their stores don't carry imported books ( these are typically mall locations )

Link: http://www.bookoffusa.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment